How to roll a cross joint
Wondering how to roll a cross joint? Here’s how to do it.
What you need
- Grinder (or pre-ground weed)
- King sized rolling papers
- Small rolling papers
- Pin, or any other sharp thin object of comparable size.
1. The first step in rolling a good cross joint is to roll a nice, regular joint. And by nice I mean big . Using your King-Size Rolling Papers for this joint. This is going to be the major vertical part of your cross. Therefore, it needs to be large enough to fit another joint into it. Try to cram this together with as much cannabis as you can. It's more important that this joint is fat than tall.
2. Next, you 're going to roll out a much smaller, thinner joint. This is the joint that you will eventually shove through the first, fatter joint to complete the cross shape. Roll this together with your little papers, and make sure it's super thin. At both ends, the key to this joint will twist it. This is because you will eventually light it from both ends.
3. Now it's time to poke a hole through the top of your fatter joint so that the thinner joint will pass through it. Don't poke the hole too close or too deep to the top of your fat joint. Think of where the horizontal axis is usually on the cross and try to recreate it. Push the pin all the way through the fat joint and rotate it around a couple of times to make an opening for the smaller joint. Then take the pin out.
4. Then, make a hole in the very middle of your thinner joint. Eventually, this hole will cause smoke to flow out of the thin joint, through the thicker joint, and into your mouth. So be careful, and get it right! Make sure the hole is in the portion of the joint that is inside the thicker joint. If the hole isn't in this exact place, it's going to destroy your entire project. Only poke the pin all the way through the thin joint and turn it around a little to enlarge the hole.
5. This is the step that will bring your cross joint to life. Carefully insert the thin joint into the opening you made in your thicker joint. Line up the hole you've built in the thin joint so that it's inside the thicker joint. Twist the thinner joint so that the hole that passes through it points down to the filter and up to the top of the fat joint.
6. Just to make sure that everything goes according to plan, it's a good idea to improve your cross. To do this, cut the strips of the glue from a rolling paper. Wrap them around the portion of the cross joint where the small joint is intersecting with the thick joint. This will keep the air from escaping from the joints of your cross joint. Try to pull on the joint without lighting it. If it's airtight, you 're going to feel and hear the paper contract and crinkle. If this doesn't happen, then you can pull air through the mouthpiece, it means there's a hole somewhere that's interfering with the circulation in the joints. In this case, find the hole and cover it with another glue strip.
7. When your cross joint is airtight, it's time to light it up! Since people don't normally have three arms, you 're likely to need help lighting up your cross joint. So, invite your best mate, show off your hard work, share your riches. Alternatively, you can use a candle to light the tip of the joint while using lighters to flame off the two smaller ends and smoke the whole thing on your own. Go ahead, be selfish, yes! We 're not going to judge you.